Printers (dry process, indirect electrostatic printers), except the following:
1) ones capable of output onto A2 or larger paper,
2) ones which are not structured with a rated input voltage of 100V,
3) monochrome printers which are structured to be capable of printing 86 sheets or more per minute,
4) color printers which are structured to be capable of printing 61 sheets or more per minute,
5) ones which are not structured to be capable of printing 13 or more sheets per minute in monochrome,
6) non-digital ones, or
7) ones with built-in digital front ends for printers, which are computers designed for printers and used solely for enhanced image processing.
Energy Consumption Efficiency
Energy consumption efficiency shall be expressed as annual energy consumption (kWh/year) obtained from energy consumption per week (Wh/week).
Categories & Target Standard Values
In the target fiscal year and each subsequent fiscal year, for each category, the weighted average value obtained by weighting energy consumption efficiency with shipment volume shall not be above the target standard value which is a weighted average value obtained by weighting standard energy consumption efficiency*1 with shipment volume.
|*1: Values obtained from the standard energy consumption efficiency calculation formulas and rounded to the nearest integers.|
|Category||Standard energy consumption efficiency calculation formula|
|Category name||Color printing function||Printing speed|
|A||Y||Less than 43 sheets per minute||EK＝5.34X－14|
|B||43 sheets or more per minute||EK＝8.48X－146|
|C||N||Less than 50 sheets per minute||EK＝4.07X－15|
|D||50 sheets or more per minute||EK＝8.72X－247|
Target Fiscal Year
FY2017 and each subsequent fiscal year
Energy Efficiency Improvement
Energy consumption efficiency is expected to be improved by about 41.6% compared with the FY2007 level in the target fiscal year (FY2017).
●Product name and type
●Energy consumption efficiency
●Name of manufacturer, etc.
Display items shall be presented at locations where they can be readily noticed in catalogs showing performance indications and in instruction manuals。
Requirement for Recommendations and Orders
Manufacturers or importers whose annual manufacturing volume or importing volume (limited to shipment to the domestic market) is 700 units or more may be subject to recommendations and orders.