Multifunction devices, which are devices comprising one or more function(s) of printing, facsimile or scanning in addition to a copying function and devices comprising one or more function(s) of copying, facsimile or scanning functions in addition to a printing function (limited to dry process, indirect electrostatic machines), except the following:
1) ones capable of output onto A2 or larger paper,
2) ones which are not structured with a rated input voltage of 100 V,
3) ones which are structured without a copyholder,
4) monochrome multifunction devices which are structured to be capable of copying or printing 86 sheets or more per minute.
5) color multifunction devices which are structured to be capable of copying or printing 61 monochrome sheets or more per minute,
6) ones which are not structured to be capable of copying or printing 13 sheets or more per minute in monochrome,
7) non-digital ones, or
8) ones with built-in digital front ends for multifunction devices, which are computers designed for multifunction devices and used solely for enhanced image processing.
Energy Consumption Efficiency
Energy consumption efficiency shall be expressed as annual energy consumption (kWh/year) obtained from energy consumption per week (Wh/week).
Categories & Target Standard Values
In the target fiscal year and each subsequent fiscal year, for each category, the weighted average value obtained by weighting energy consumption with shipment volume shall not be above the target standard value which is a weighted average value obtained by weighting standard energy consumption efficiency*1with shipment volume.
|*1: Values obtained from the standard energy consumption efficiency calculation formulas and rounded to the nearest integers.|
|Category||Standard energy consumption efficiency calculation formula|
|Category name||Color copying or color printingfunction||Copying or printing speed|
|a||Y||Less than 43 sheets per minute||EK＝2.17X＋125|
|b||43 sheets or more per minute||EK＝8.48X－140|
|c||N||Less than 50 sheets per minute||EK＝4.86X－30|
|d||50 sheets or more per minute||EK＝8.72X－223|
Target Fiscal Year
FY2017 and each subsequent fiscal year
Energy Efficiency Improvement
Energy consumption efficiency is expected to be improved by about 46.8% compared with the FY2007 level in the target year (FY2017).
●Product name and type
●Copying or printing speed
●Energy consumption efficiency
●Name of manufacturer, etc.
Display items shall be presented at locations where they can be readily noticed in catalogs showing performance indications and in instruction manuals.
Requirement for Recommendations and Orders
Manufacturers or importers whose annual manufacturing volume or importing volume (limited to shipment to the domestic market) is 500 units or more may be subject to recommendations and orders.