Switching units, which are devices for transmitting and receiving telecommunication signals and have a function, in transmitting telecommunication signals, to transmit the telecommunication signals over the route uniquely prescribed for each destination out of two or more routes over which the pertinent device can transmit (limited to ones dedicated to Internet use), except the following:
1) ones having a function to perform wireless communication (L2 switches with wireless capability),
2) ones which neither transmit nor exchange Ethernet frames,
3) ones which transmit and exchange packets of Internet Protocol,
4) ones having connection ports for transmitting/receiving telecommunication signals a half or a majority of which use two-wire connection system (a half or a majority of which do not conform to the IEEE 802.3 standard),
5) ones designed to permit incorporation into a casing, computer or the like (such as chassis type),
6) ones to control devices for wireless relaying of telecommunication signals, or
7) ones mainly intended for supplying electric power and having a maximum PoE supply capacity of more than 16 times the power consumption of the L2 switch circuit.
Energy Consumption Efficiency
Energy consumption efficiency shall be a value obtained by dividing power consumption (W) by the highest effective transmission rate (Gb/second).
Categories & Target Standard Values
In the target fiscal year and each subsequent fiscal year, for each category, the weighted average value obtained by weighting energy consumption efficiency with shipment volume shall not be above the target standard value which is a weighted average value obtained by weighting standard energy consumption efficiency*1 with shipment volume.
|*1: Values obtained from the standard energy consumption efficiency calculation formulas.|
|Category||Standard energy consumption efficiency calculation formula|
|With or without management function||Type of management function||With or without IP filtering function||Category name|
|With||Having SNMP function||With||A||E=(αA+PA) ／ T|
|Without||B||E=(αB+PB) ／ T|
|Having Web management and/or other function||―||C||E=(αC+PC) ／ T|
|Without||―||―||D||E=(αD+PD) ／ T|
Target Fiscal Year
FY2011 and each subsequent fiscal year
Energy Efficiency Improvement
Energy consumption efficiency was improved by about 53.8% compared with the FY2006 level in the target year (FY2011).
●Product name and type
●Line speeds of ports at the time of measurement and the number of ports by line speed
●Highest effective transmission rate when the frame length is 1518 bytes
●Maximum power supply with Power over Ethernet function (limited to ones having Power over Ethernet function)
●Energy consumption efficiency
●Name of manufacturer, etc.
Display items shall be presented at locations where they can be readily noticed in catalogs showing performance indications and in documents provided by the manufacturer for product selection.
Requirement for Recommendations and Orders
Manufacturers or importers whose annual manufacturing volume or importing volume (limited to shipment to the domestic market) is 1,500 units or more may be subject to recommendations and orders.