Routers, which are devices for transmitting and receiving telecommunication signals and have a function, in transmitting telecommunication signals, to choose a route considered to be the most appropriate in terms of route situation and other factors out of other routes to a destination device (limited to ones dedicated to Internet use), except the following:
1) ones for making a telephone call to the provider of Internet connection service when a communication terminal unit is to be connected to the Internet via a telephone line (dialup router),
2) ones that do not transmit or exchange Internet Protocol packets,
3) ones of which, in transmitting Internet Protocol packets, the maximum sum of the signal bit numbers of the packets surpass 200 megabits per second (ones of over 200 Mbps),
4) one permitting no easy removal of a device for using an asynchronous transfer mode (router having a permanently mounted ATM interface),
5) ones having a function to overlap a high frequency current of or above 10 kHz over a power line (PLC products),
6) ones having connection ports for transmitting and receiving telecommunication signals three or more of which are for transmitting/ receiving audio signals excluding those using the Internet Protocol (ones having a VoIP terminal with three or more ports),
7) ones of which, in performing wireless transmission of Internet Protocol packets, the maximum sum of the signal bit numbers of the packets surpass 100 megabits per second (wireless routers of over 100 Mbps),
8) ones having a function to use artificial satellites (satellite-interfaced routers),
9) ones having a function to transmit 53 or more multiplexed subcarriers by orthogonal frequency division multiplexing system (802.11n products),
10) ones having a function to set a virtual private network (VPN) (ones with VPN function), or
11) ones designed to permit incorporation into a computer or the like (ones to be incorporated into the expansion throttle or the like of a PC or a similar product).
Energy Consumption Efficiency
Energy consumption efficiency shall be power consumption (W) at the highest effective transmission rate.
Categories & Target Standard Values
In the target fiscal year and each subsequent fiscal year, for each category, the weighted average value obtained by weighting energy consumption efficiency with shipment volume shall not be above the target standard value*1.
|*1: For Category C, a weighted average value obtained by weighting standard energy consumption efficiency calculated from the formula with shipment volume.|
|Category||[Target standard value] |
Standard energy consumption efficiency or calculation formula
|Type of WAN side interface||Type of LAN side interface||Category name|
|Only for Ethernet||Only for Ethernet||A||4.0|
|For Ethernet, with VoIP||B||5.5|
|For Ethernet, with wireless||C||For wireless transmission only in 2.4 GHz band:|
For wireless transmission only in 5 GHz band:
For simultaneous transmission in the two bands:
|Only for ASDL||Only for Ethernet||D||7.4|
|For Ethernet, with VoIP||E||7.4|
|For Ethernet, with wireless||F||8.8|
Target Fiscal Year
FY2010 and each subsequent fiscal year
Energy Efficiency Improvement
Energy consumption efficiency was improved by about 40.9% compared with the FY2006 level in the target fiscal year (FY2010).
●Product name and type
●Wireless transmission output in 2.4 GHz band (limited to ones falling into Category C whose wireless transmission is performed solely in the 2.4 GHz band or which performs simultaneous transmission in two bands)
●Wireless transmission output in the 5 GHz band (limited to ones falling into Category C whose wireless transmission is performed solely in the 5 GHz band or which performs simultaneous transmission in two bands)
●Energy consumption efficiency
●Name of manufacturer, etc.
Display items shall be presented at locations where they can be readily noticed in catalogs showing performance indications and in documents provided by the manufacturer for product selection.
Requirement for Recommendations and Orders
Manufacturers or importers whose annual manufacturing volume or importing volume (limited to shipment to the domestic market) is 2,500 units or more may be subject to recommendations and orders.