Server-type computers and client-type computers, except the following:
1) ones whose processing units, main memory units, input/output controllers and power supplies are structurally multiplexed,
2) ones capable of performing computations using more than four central processing units (CPUs),
3) ones with 512 or more input/output signal transmission channels (limited to those whose maximum data transfer rate is 10 gigabit or more per second),
4) server-type computers, which refer to computers designed for providing services, etc. via network (the same applies hereinafter.), having CPUs designed to execute multiple commands of various numbers of bits, and the CPUs of which are designed for exclusive use by the computers,
5) server-type computers having CPUs designed to execute multiple commands of various numbers of bits, and the CPUs of which are designed exclusively for 64-bit computer architecture,
6) server-type computers having CPUs other than those designed to execute multiple commands of various numbers of bits, and the CPUs of which are without a function of performing a decimal floating-point arithmetic, or
7) ones mainly used with built-in power supply instead of being connected to power line.
Energy Consumption Efficiency
●Energy consumption efficiency shall be a geometric average of values obtained by dividing, by power consumption, performance values measured for each component of a server-type computer (CPU, memory and storage) using workloads (worklets) as stipulated in Server Efficiency Rating Tool Ver. 2.0.
●Energy consumption efficiency shall be annual energy consumption (kWh/year) measured by a method stipulated in JIS C 62623 (2014).
Categories & Target Standard Values
In the target fiscal year and each subsequent fiscal year, for each category, the weighted average value obtained by weighting energy consumption efficiency with shipment volume shall not be below the target standard value.
|Category|| [Target standard value] |
Standard energy consumption efficiency
|CPU type||No. of CPU sockets||Category name|
In the target fiscal year and each subsequent fiscal year, for each category, the weighted average value obtained by weighting energy consumption efficiency with shipment volume shall not be above the target standard value which is a weighted average value obtained by weighting standard energy consumption efficiency*1 with shipment volume.
|*1: Values obtained from the standard energy consumption efficiency calculation formulas and rounded off to one decimal place.|
|Category||Standard energy consumption efficiency calculation formula|
|Type of computer||P score||Screen size||Cabinet capacity||Category name|
|Notebook personal computer||Less than 8||Less than 15 inches||―||10||E=5.21+TECMEMORY+TECINT_DISPLAY + TECSTORAGE + TECGRAPHIC|
|15 inches or more||―||11||E=7.75 + TECMEMORY + TECINT_DISPLAY + TECSTORAGE + TECGRAPHIC|
|8 or more||―||―||12||E=11.34 + TECMEMORY + TECINT_DISPLAY + TECSTORAGE + TECGRAPHIC|
|Desktop personal computer||Integrated||Less than 8||―||―||13||E=39.87 + TECMEMORY + TECINT_DISPLAY + TECSTORAGE + TECGRAPHIC|
|8 or more||―||―||14||E=53.32 + TECMEMORY + TECINT_DISPLAY + TECSTORAGE + TECGRAPHIC|
|Separated||―||―||Less than 5 liters||15||E=29.59 + TECMEMORY + TECSTORAGE + TECGRAPHIC|
|―||―||5 liters or more and less than 20 liters||16||E=31.33 + TECMEMORY + TECSTORAGE + TECGRAPHIC + TECPOWER|
|―||―||20 liters or more and less than 35 liters||17||E=28.45 + TECMEMORY + TECSTORAGE + TECGRAPHIC + TECPOWER|
|―||―||35 liters or more||18||E=40.47 + TECMEMORY + TECSTORAGE + TECGRAPHIC + TECPOWER|
Target Fiscal Year
●FY2021 and each subsequent fiscal year
●FY2022 and each subsequent fiscal year
●Product name or type
●Energy consumption efficiency
●Name of manufacturer, etc
●Description of energy consumption efficiency
Display items shall be presented at locations where they can be readily noticed in catalogs showing performance indications and in documents provided by the manufacturer, etc. for promotion of sales.
Requirement for Recommendations and Orders
Manufacturers or importers whose annual manufacturing volume or importing volume (limited to shipment to the domestic market) is 200 units or more may be subject to recommendations and orders.