Lighting equipment having a ballast or a control device, except the following:
1) ones of explosion-proof type,
2) ones except fluorescent lighting equipment or LED lighting equipment,
3) ones except lighting equipment to which JIS C 8105-3 (2011), JIS C 8106 (2015) or JIS C 8115 (2014) applies,
4) ones whose globe for fluorescent lamp protection is transparent,
5) ones whose average color rendering index according to JIS Z 8726 (1990) is 90 or higher,
6) ones emitting light of any color other than daylight, neutral, white, warm white and incandescent colors (hereinafter referred to as “daylight color, etc.”) and ones emitting daylight color, etc. only in the process of toning,
7) fluorescent lighting equipment accommodating straight tube fluorescent lamps of less than 40 type or LED lighting equipment of the equivalent size that are wall-hung type, pendant type for service facilities or built-in type,
8) ones having a structure requiring a light distribution control for securing safety and light environment according to regulations, etc., or
9) LED table lamp or fluorescent table lamp to which JIS C 8112 (2014) applies.
Energy Consumption Efficiency
[Fluorescent lighting equipment]
● Specific energy consumption efficiency shall be a value obtained by dividing total luminous flux (lm)*1 of lamp by power consumption (W) *2 and then further multiplying by equipment efficiency*3.
[LED lighting equipment]
●Specific energy consumption efficiency shall be a value obtained by dividing rated luminous flux (lm)*4 by rated power consumption (W)*2.
|*1: A value obtained by multiplying, by ballast lumen factor and temperature correction factor, total luminous flux of fluorescent lamps measured by a method stipulated in Appendix B of JIS C 7617-2 (2009) for straight tube fluorescent lamps or Appendix B of JIS C 7618-2 (2009) for compact fluorescent lamps or circular fluorescent lamps.|
|*2: A value measured by a method stipulated in JIS C 8105-3 (2011).|
|*3: A value obtained by dividing luminous flux of lighting equipment by luminous flux of light source according to JIS C 8030 (2014).|
|*4: A value measured by a method stipulated in JIS C 8105-5 (2014) under the measurement condition stipulated in Appendix B of JIS C 8105-3 (2011).|
Categories & Target Standard Values
In the target fiscal year and each subsequent fiscal year, for each category, the weighted average value obtained by weighting energy consumption efficiency with shipment volume shall not be below the target standard value.
|Category||[Target standard value] |
Standard specific energy consumption efficiency
|Category name||Light source color|
|1||Daylight, Neutral, White||100.0|
|2||Warm white, Incandescent||50.0|
Target Fiscal Year
FY2020 and each subsequent fiscal year.
Energy Efficiency Improvement
Specific energy consumption efficiency is expected to be improved by about 3.8% compared with the FY2012 level in the target fiscal year (FY2020).
●Product name and type
●Light source type (except LED lighting equipment)
●Total luminous flux of lighting equipment*5 (rated luminous flux for LED lighting equipment)
●Power consumption (rated power consumption for LED lighting equipment)
●Specific energy consumption efficiency
●Light source color
●Lighting control function, if any
●Name of manufacturer, etc.
|*5: A value obtained by multiplying total luminous flux of lamp by equipment efficiency.|
Display items shall be presented on packages, in catalogs (including electronic ones) or in materials provided by manufacturers, etc. for promotion of sales.
Requirement for Recommendations and Orders
Manufacturers or importers whose annual manufacturing volume or importing volume (limited to shipment to the domestic market) is 50,000 units or more may be subject to recommendations and orders.