Transformers that run on alternating current and whose rated primary voltage is over 600V up to 7,000V, except the following:
1) ones using gas for insulation,
2) ones using H type insulation material,
3) ones with Scott connection,
4) ones having 3 or more windings,
5) ones installed on utility poles,
6) single-phase transformers whose rated capacity is up to 5 kVA or over 500 kVA,
7) triple-phase transformers whose rated capacity is up to 10 KVA or over 2,000 KVA,
8) triple-phase transformers using resinous insulation material and intended to transform triple-phase AC to single-phase AC and triple-phase AC,
9) ones whose rated secondary voltage is less than 100 V or over 600 V, or
10) ones of air-cooling type or water-cooling type.
Energy Consumption Efficiency
Energy consumption efficiency shall be the total loss (W) acquired through the no-load loss (W) and load loss (W) measured using the method stipulated by JIS C 4304 and C 4306.
Categories & Target Standard Values
In the target fiscal year and each subsequent fiscal year, for each category, the weighted average value obtained by weighting energy consumption efficiency with shipment volume shall not be above the target standard value which is a weighted average value obtained by weighting standard energy consumption efficiency*1 with shipment volume.
|*1: Values obtained from the standard energy consumption efficiency calculation formulas.|
|Category||Standard energy consumption calculation formula|
|Transformer type||Number of phases||Rated frequency||Rated capacity|
|Oil-filled transformer||Single phase||50Hz||―||E=11.2S0.732|
|Triple phase||50Hz||Up to 500 kVA||E=16.6S0.696|
|Over 500 kVA||E=11.1S0.809|
|60Hz||Up to 500 kVA||E=17.3S0.678|
|Over 500 kVA||E=11.7S0.790|
|Molded transformer||Single phase||50Hz||―||E=16.9S0.674|
|Triple phase||50Hz||Up to 500 kVA||E=23.9S0.659|
|Over 500 kVA||E=22.7S0.718|
|60Hz||Up to 500 kVA||E=22.3S0.674|
|Over 500 kVA||E=19.4S0.737|
|＊ For transformers that are not used under standard specification conditions stipulated in JIS C 4304 and JIS C 4306, the right side of the formulas shall be multiplied by 1.10 for oil-filled transformers and 1.05 for molded transformers respectively.|
Target Fiscal Year
FY2014 and each subsequent fiscal year
Energy Efficiency Improvement
Energy consumption efficiency is expected to be improved by about 12.5% compared with the FY2009 in the target year (FY2014).
●Product name and type
●Number of phases
●Rated primary and secondary voltage
●Energy consumption efficiency
●Standard load factor
●Name of standard
●Name of manufacturer, etc.
Display items shall be presented at locations where they can be readily noticed in catalogs showing performance indications and in documents provided by the manufacturer for product selection.
Requirement for Recommendations and Orders
Manufacturers or importers whose annual manufacturing volume or importing volume (limited to shipment to the domestic market) is 100 units or more may be subject to recommendations and orders.